The Chelsea School Board of Education will approve recommendations by the district's Reproductive Health Advisory Committee to update textbooks in fourth through ninth grade at its meeting on Monday.
The committee was charged with reviewing district reproductive health curriculum documents and suggesting revisions. The task force examined the district's curriculum and concluded it is currently aligned with the Michigan content standards.
The board will approve several updated resources including:
- Always Changing, About You (female segment shown only to girls), 2011
- Always Changing, About You (co-ed segment), 2011
- Puberty for Girls: Amazing Changes Inside & Out; or Puberty for Boys: Amazing Changes Inside & Out, 2001
- You, Your Body and Puberty (Video)
- Flirting or Hurting (Video) - 2010
- Stay Smart Stay Safe Pamphlet - 2012
- Child Sexual Abuse – What Every Parent Needs to Know (2012)
- Mothers Too Soon and Fathers Too Soon (Video)
- The High Cost of Free Love: Part 1 (Video)
- Choosing the Best Journey - 2006 (Video)
The Chelsea School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Washington Street Education Center.