Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around Washtenaw County this week.
1. A&M Hospitality submitted a site plan this week to the city of Ann Arbor for a proposed Hampton Inn & Suites hotel at 2910 Jackson Ave. According to Ann Arbor.com, the four-story, 100-room hotel would include a workout facility and an indoor pool.
2. The village of Dexter received an unqualified opinion from the auditing firm of Post, Smythe, Lutz and Ziel on the village's 2011-2012 fiscal year budget. According to Patch.com, Dexter's total net assets increased by $1.6 million last year.
3. The Dexter Rotary Club will sponsor the 2013 Memorial Day parade. The club is taking over the planning and organization of festivities from the American Legion, after members decided to scale back participation.
4. The U.S. job market added 157,000 jobs in January, however the unemployment rate rose to 7.9 percent from 7.8 percent in December according to the Associated Press.
5. A Scio Township man is heading to court for his alleged involvement in the 2006 death of an employee at the Jim Bradley GMC car dealership in Ann Arbor. Heritage Media reports that Jonathon Aiden will go before Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge Archie C. Brown on Feb. 4.