Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around Washtenaw County this week.
1. The Dexter American Legion Post 557 informed Dexter Village officials that it won't be organizing a Memorial Day parade this year. According to the Dexter Leader, if a parade takes place, the legion would provide a color guard to lead the event.
2. Dexter Patch reported that a sixth pizza restaurant will open in Dexter located in the Busch's shopping complex later this year. B-Line Pizza Island is moving into the vacant space next to Stucchi's Ice Cream.
3. The Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce named the Purple Rose Theatre and Chelsea Lanes as the 2012 Business of the Year. Both organizations were recognized for their ability to drive commerce to the city.
4. DTE Energy . The 16 sirens should be installed by February.
5. The Chelsea Schools Board of Education may ask voters to renew 19.5126 mills during a special election on May 7. According to Chelsea Update, the proposed millage rates will expire in 2013 and 2014, and will allow the school district to continue to levy the statutory rate of 18 mills required of school districts to receive its full state revenue per pupil foundation allowance.